Like my Facebook Page for automatic Deal Updates!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Extreme Couponing

I finally got a chance to watch the show.  I can see why people object to the show.  Personally, I don't plan for multiple years of any single item.  Most sales cycle every 3 to 6 months so it seems like planning for that length of time is enough to me. 

Plus, in many cases, the show does not explain how they get that many coupons.  It's likely they are having to pay for additional papers or buying the coupons from a group like coupon clippers or even ebay.  I get one extra paper each week from the Herald & Review.  I think it's .69 each for an extra Sunday paper.  Then, I make sure to recycle my paper too.

Now, it's been suggested on other sites that giving your free items to charity what you should do if you exceed your surplus and this is what I do with my free or very cheap toys.  I've been saving those for Christmas gifts for low-income kids.  I don't intentionally buy extra food (although sometimes that happens too) and there are various places where I donate that. 

Has anyone donated anything they've gotten for free?  Where do you get your extra coupons from?  How do you feel about shelf-clearing? 

Please comment below and share what you've learned with other readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment